|

Answers
Answer from ThisSpaceForRent

the act of two people (usually men) pressing their bodies up against a waitress

Being the trend watcher that I am a curious thing popped up in Google that caught my eye. On a day dominated by Ted Kennedy related trending terms I looked desperately for something, anything, non-Kennedy related. I thought I found it with waitress sandwich. Sadly, I was wrong.

Waitress sandwich is exactly what it sounds like, the act of two people (usually men) pressing their bodies up against a waitress (clearly a woman as indicated by the suffix "ess"). Tradition has it that the waitress sandwich does not let up until the girl in question wiggles free and runs off screaming.

Now as gross as waitress sandwich sounds, as much of a violation as it is, when I looked into it I found exactly what I expected... except for one small Kennedy related detail.

According to a very detailed, and apparently well researched, albeit clearly biased comment on another site, the origins of waitress sandwich are traced to Ted Kennedy and another male politician, Senator Chris Dodd. As the comment expresses, the cute little "game" of waitress sandwich was invented by these guys in their "jolly youth."

What kind of legacy does Ted Kennedy leave behind now that he has passed? If you share the opinion of this commenter, his is a legacy of misogyny. When I searched waitress sandwich this comment was the top of the list and it makes a very good point about the way Ted Kennedy the man lived and breathed.
Sources: http://www.nowpublic.com/culture/waitress-sandwich-does-ted-kennedy-leave-legacy-misogyny

Answer from Jessin

Get the informations here

Please update your links, the Kennedy-Dodd Waitress Sandwich Information Clearinghouse has moved to: http://sonsoftherepublic.blogspot.com/2005/08/kennedy-dodd-waitress-sandwich.html

One of the search terms that frequently brings visitors to the SOTR is "kennedy dodd waitress sandwich". Somehow our lowly blog has become the Internet repository for information on Ted Kennedy, Chris Dodd and an unsuspecting waitress at La Brasserie (a restaurant near Capitol Hill in Washington, DC). Some accounts put this event at The Monocle, another DC restaurant. For all we know, it happened at both establishments--and who's to say similar antics didn't occur at many others. Therefore, let it be established that the two senators were at a restaurant.

So to satisfy everyone's curiosity, we offer the following, compiled from various sources:

In 1985, Dodd and fellow Senator Ted Kennedy were out (with dates) for a night on the town at La Brasserie. Much liquor was consumed--that will come as a shock to those of us familiar with Ted Kennedy--and the two Senators were at one point unaccompanied by their dates. The Senators made a "Waitress Sandwich" out of some poor, unsuspecting waitress.

If you're not entirely sure what that means, let's just say you wouldn't want to be the waitress.

get more here http://sonsoftherepublic.blogspot.com/2005/08/waitress-sandwich-kennedy-dodd-style.html
Sources: http://sonsoftherepublic.blogspot.com/2005/08/waitress-sandwich-kennedy-dodd-style.html

Bonus Answer

"The Senators made a "Waitress Sandwich" out of some poor, unsuspecting waitress while out on dates."

In 1985, Dodd and fellow Senator Ted Kennedy were out (with dates) for a night on the town at La Brasserie. Much liquor was consumed that will come as a shock to those of us familiar with Ted Kennedy and the two Senators were at one point unaccompanied by their dates. The Senators made a "Waitress Sandwich" out of some poor, unsuspecting waitress.

Article clip, from the Hartford Courant:

"Dodd and Kennedy were also reported to have made a 'human sandwich' with a waitress at La Brasserie, another Capitol Hill restaurant. The report had it that Kennedy threw the woman on Dodd, who was slumped in a chair, and then jumped on top of her. She was said to have run screaming from the room."